Political &amp; Social Philosophy
MID-TERM EXAM 2 2014
Answer ONE of the following questions in an essay of 1000-2000 words. Please submit in Word format by email to: [email protected] by Sunday 30 November.
1. How does Rousseau reconcile the freedom of the individual with the authority of the state? In answering the question, explain Rousseau’s concept of the general will?
2. In what respects should a person be recognized by the state? Answer the question with reference to Hegel’s views in The Philosophy of Right.
3. Does the economic structure of a society determine its ideological superstructure (art, education, political system, legal system, etc.)? In answering the question draw on Marx’s analysis of industrial capitalist society.
4. What is John Stuart Mill’s harm principle? Is it the only principle necessary to safeguard human rights?
5. Answer a question of your own devising, which compares the views on social and political philosophy of any two of the following philosophers: Rousseau, Hegel, Marx, Mill.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT 🙂