Your paper will be a country ‘case study on Portugal.’ For this project you first choose a state from the list below.
• Demographics. Give a brief overview of the population. Write about the population size, its density, the relative size of its generations, and the existence of any identity divisions (such as ethnicities, cultures, languages, classes), as well as any other factors that are politically, economically, or socially relevant.
• History. Briefly summarize the major historical events and personalities that have shaped the current government structure, or otherwise influenced political developments in the country. Don’t try to mention every important event but pay particular attention to “watershed” events, that is, events that caused significant changes in the social, political, or economic life of the country.
• Political culture. Examine the ethnic, religious, or linguistic divisions within the country, emphasizing the impact these divisions have had on the political development of the country, and what the government has done (if anything) about those divisions.
• Structure of government. Describe the general structure and organization of the government. Identify the key state institutions such as executive and bureaucratic offices, legislative bodies, high courts, etc. State what the powers and duties are of these institutions, and how they operate (or fail to operate, as the case may be).
For example, if you were doing your country study on the United States you would describe it as a federal republic with three co-equal branches of government at the national level, fifty sub-national governments. You would explain the division of powers between the federal and state governments (“federalism”) and describe the powers and duties of each of the three branches of the federal government (“separation of powers”), and the system of checks and balances. Within each branch you would identify the key offices and agencies (executive branch would include the office of the president, the cabinet departments and other agencies of the bureaucracy; the legislative branch consists of the House and the Senate, etc.) and explain what they do, and how they do it. You would also emphasize the role of courts, and comment on the degree of independence with which they operate, and the power of the courts to hold the other branches accountable.
• Electoral system, if applicable. Describe the type of electoral system used in the country, and identify the key offices staffed by elected officials. Analyze the fairness of the electoral system in comparison with that of other countries.
• Human rights. Here you should refer to reports from human rights organizations, news reports, and reports from the US and other governments regarding respect for and protection of human rights.
• Role of political parties. Identify the major political parties, if any, and describe their ideologies. Explain the impact each has had, or wishes to have, on the political system of the country.
• The economic system. Describe the state of the economy in the country, including GDP, GDP per capita, general stage of development, pattern of income distribution, major imports and exports, and major trading partners. Indicate the degree to which the government tries to manage or direct the economy, and how it does so. Describe any significant welfare state programs in the country if possible, or the country’s general approach to welfare programs.
• Classify the regime type, based on what you’ve learned in class about the different kinds of regimes. Explain whether the regime is a democratic one or an authoritarian one, or something in between. If it’s an authoritarian regime, explain what kind it is. Explain clearly why you think the regime should be thus classified.
• The major political issues the government of the country is currently dealing with. Here you will have to research news reports from reputable organizations to know what’s going on. Focus on the major issues the country is faced with, and what the country’s government is doing (or failing to do) about them.
As I read and evaluate your papers I will be very interested in seeing how well you have integrated the concepts we have studied in the course into your paper. Bear that in mind as you write it; the degree to which your paper reflects understanding of these concepts will have a direct bearing on your grade.
Your paper must be typed, double-spaced, 12-point font exactly, Calibri or Arial. There is no set requirement for length, though I expect your paper to consist of between eight to ten substantive pages (excluding charts, graphs, photos, etc., and list of resources used). The information in the paper must address the topics described above. Charts and diagrams are encouraged if they support the points you are making (add them to the end as appendices).
Include a list of sources you actually used at the end of your paper (the list does NOT count as one of your 8-10 ‘substantive’ pages).
Make sure your paper doesn’t contain contradictions. I’ve seen papers that say, for instance, that a particular institution in a country is responsible for “A”, and later on the paper says that another institution is responsible for “A”.
Be consistent with spelling. Don’t capitalize a term in some cases but not in others. I’ve seen many papers that will capitalize every other use of terms like “president” or “legislature.” That’s not good. Capitalize proper nouns (“President Smith signed the bill…”) but not generic nouns (the president signs bills into law or vetoes them”). If you are giving the name of a particular, unique, government institution such as “the House of Representatives” you capitalize it. If you are referring to the legislative branch in general, you don’t. Example: “The president submits his budget first to the House of Representatives. From there is goes to the Senate.” Note that “the president” is a generic term (it’s not a specific president, it could be anyone who’s president), but that “the House of Representatives” is a specific, unique institution, as is the Senate.
Have someone proof read your paper before you turn it in. Do not trust your own ability to spot spelling and grammatical errors. Also, having someone else read your paper can help you identify parts of it which are not clear, or are not organized logically.
Finally, when you are referring to events in the past, please use the past tense. For example, you might write “The Normans invaded England in 1066,” not “In 1066 the Normans invade England.” I hate trying to read things like that.
Compelling correspondence is essential to the achievement all things considered but since of the changing idea of the present working environments, successful correspondence turns out to be more troublesome, and because of the numerous impediments that will permit beneficiaries to acknowledge the plan of the sender It is restricted. Misguided judgments.In spite of the fact that correspondence inside the association is rarely completely open, numerous straightforward arrangements can be executed to advance the effect of these hindrances.
Concerning specific contextual analysis, two significant correspondence standards, correspondence channel determination and commotion are self-evident. This course presents the standards of correspondence, the act of general correspondence, and different speculations to all the more likely comprehend the correspondence exchanges experienced in regular daily existence. The standards and practices that you learn in this course give the premise to additionally learning and correspondence.
This course starts with an outline of the correspondence cycle, the method of reasoning and hypothesis. In resulting modules of the course, we will look at explicit use of relational connections in close to home and expert life. These incorporate relational correspondence, bunch correspondence and dynamic, authoritative correspondence in the work environment or relational correspondence. Rule of Business Communication In request to make correspondence viable, it is important to follow a few rules and standards. Seven of them are fundamental and applicable, and these are clear, finished, brief, obliging, right, thought to be, concrete. These standards are frequently called 7C for business correspondence. The subtleties of these correspondence standards are examined underneath: Politeness Principle: When conveying, we should build up a cordial relationship with every individual who sends data to us.
To be inviting and polite is indistinguishable, and politeness requires an insightful and amicable activity against others. Axioms are notable that gracious “pay of graciousness is the main thing to win everything”. Correspondence staff ought to consistently remember this. The accompanying standards may assist with improving courtesy:Preliminary considering correspondence with family All glad families have the mystery of progress. This achievement originates from a strong establishment of closeness and closeness. Indeed, through private correspondence these cozy family connections become all the more intently. Correspondence is the foundation of different affiliations, building solid partners of obedient devotion, improving family way of life, and assisting with accomplishing satisfaction (Gosche, p. 1). In any case, so as to keep up an amicable relationship, a few families experienced tumultuous encounters. Correspondence in the family is an intricate and alluring marvel. Correspondence between families isn’t restricted to single messages between families or verbal correspondence.
It is a unique cycle that oversees force, closeness and limits, cohesiveness and flexibility of route frameworks, and makes pictures, topics, stories, ceremonies, rules, jobs, making implications, making a feeling of family life An intelligent cycle that makes a model. This model has passed ages. Notwithstanding the view as a family and family automatic framework, one of the greatest exploration establishments in between family correspondence centers around a family correspondence model. Family correspondence model (FCP) hypothesis clarifies why families impart in their own specific manner dependent on one another ‘s psychological direction. Early FCP research established in media research is keen on how families handle broad communications data. Family correspondence was perceived as an exceptional scholastic exploration field by the National Communications Association in 1989. Family correspondence researchers were at first impacted by family research, social brain science, and relational hypothesis, before long built up the hypothesis and began research in a family framework zeroed in on a significant job. Until 2001, the primary issue of the Family Communication Research Journal, Family Communication Magazine, was given. Family correspondence is more than the field of correspondence analysts in the family. Examination on family correspondence is normally done by individuals in brain science, humanism, and family research, to give some examples models. However, as the popular family correspondence researcher Leslie Baxter stated, it is the focal point of this intelligent semantic creation measure making the grant of family correspondence special. In the field of in-home correspondence, correspondence is normally not founded on autonomous messages from one sender to one beneficiary, yet dependent on the dynamic interdependency of data shared among families It is conceptualized. The focal point of this methodology is on the shared trait of semantic development inside family frameworks. As such, producing doesn’t happen in vacuum, however it happens in a wide scope of ages and social exchange.
Standards are rules end up being followed when performing work to agree to a given objective. Hierarchical achievement relies significantly upon compelling correspondence. So as to successfully impart, it is important to follow a few standards and rules. Coming up next are rules to guarantee powerful correspondence: clearness: lucidity of data is a significant guideline of correspondence. For beneficiaries to know the message plainly, the messages ought to be sorted out in a basic language. To guarantee that beneficiaries can without much of a stretch comprehend the importance of the message, the sender needs to impart unmistakably and unhesitatingly so the beneficiary can plainly and unquestionably comprehend the data.>