This assignment is designed to help students
• Develop an appreciation for informatics, basic skills and knowledge required in practice settings. Students selected a “hot” or popular topic of particular interest to their practice to discuss in week 5. This week student will develop a narrated slide PowerPoint (PPT) presentation of 8-10 slides summarizing the assignment.
Due Date: Sunday 11:59 p.m. MT at the end of Week 6.
Total Points Possible: 150
The FierceEMR and FierceHealthIT “hot” topics from the Week 5 assignment will be summarized in 8-10 narrated slides for this Week 6 assignment. Students will summarize the rationale for choosing the topic, how it will impact practice in a positive and negative manner, including pros and cons. Include discussion of how informatics skills and knowledge were applied in the process relevance to developing the assignment. In the conclusion, provide recommendations for the future. Submit completed FierceHealthIT Hot Topic narrated PPT assignment to assignment folder by end of Week 6.
Preparing the Presentation
1. The FierceEMR and FierceHealthIT Hot Topic of the Week is a recap of the assignment from Wk. 5 and must be a professional, scholarly prepared PowerPoint narrated presentation of 8-10 slides including at least three scholarly references.
2. You should have at least 8-10 slides. It is important to note that if you could not give your presentation and someone would have to stand in for you, he or she would need to know what you were going to say. Use the speaker-notes section so that someone may step in for you and not miss a beat.
3. Maintain the 6x6x6 rule for a professional PowerPoint presentation. No more than 6 lines per slide, 6 words per line, and 6 slides without a graphic.
4. All aspects of the presentation must be in APA format as expressed in the 6th edition.
5. Ideas and information from professional sources must be cited correctly.
6. Grammar, spelling, punctuation, and citations are consistent with formal academic writing.
7. Due to the size of the file with narration, please do not include any animation.
Category Points % Description
Title slide has name, topic title, course, and date present 5 3 Title slide looks professional with the student’s name, HealthIT topic, course and date present
Selected HealthIT topic is presented with rationale for selection 20 13 Rationale for choosing the selected HealthIT topic if presented with some discussion in speaker notes
How this topic impacts nursing informatics presented 20 13 Provides discussion and rationale for how this topic impacts nursing informatics
Presents the nursing informatics skills that were used to develop this assignment 25 17 Presents the nursing informatics skills that were used to develop this assignment.
Pro’s and con’s of topic are presented with convincing arguments 25 17 Provides pro’s and con’s about the selected topic with convincing arguments. Some of convincing argument or rationale may be in speaker notes.
Conclusion slide with recommendations for the future present 20 13 Conclusion includes recommendations for the future presented in relation to the selected HealthIT topic.
The slide presentation includes narration and speaker notes. 15 10 The slide presentation includes narration and speaker notes.
Included 3 scholarly references to support presentation 5 3 Presentation has 3 scholarly sources cited and referenced to support the presentation
Grammar, spelling, punctuation, references, citations, and APA formatting 15 10 Grammar, spelling, punctuation, references, and citations are consistent with formal academic writing and APA format as expressed in the 6th edition.
Total 150 100
A quality assignment will meet or exceed all of the above requirements.