Practicum Journal Entries .
Write a summary of field experiences. Students will submit one thoughtful, in-depth entry. Entry should be only one paragraph in length and approximately 250 words. Entries should include personal reflections regarding professional growth experiences, social work skills and knowledge learned, values issues/questions/conflicts, learning contract tasks accomplished, issues or questions that arose, and activities or issues.
Intern as social worker
Intern at elementary school ( help student to prevent dropout)
two weeks of intern.
List what intern student do for week:
-Attended and helped with parent coffee club: Teach how parent (speak Spanish only) check their children school life by online (grade, homework…etc)
– Guide lesson planning: search and make plan about many activities for guidance group
– Visit student: visit each grade student and then introduce my job and get to know each other
– Review contract/ syllabus with coordinator: how semester and work is going for whole semester.
– gather supplies/ materials for group: gather supplies which need for each guide lesson planning. Be prepared.
– Familiar with grant reporting: familiar each student’s name and learn how grant reporting going.
– Meeting with evaluator for grant
-Attendance Reporting: upload student’s attendance into system.
– Help volunteer application: help how apply volunteer who is high school student, not familiar with system/ application work.
– sat parent and teacher’s conference: most concern about academic.
– Make business card for job awareness: one of parent cannot advertise her job because of lack English, so make business card for her.
– Resource project (hygiene item, clothes, cloth closet): divided all supplies and pack for people who really needed.
-Help promote literacy : for coordinator report.
-Over learning contract : plan what student and coordinator will do in whole semester