Your Professional Development Portfolio is the final portion of your capstone project. For Part I, compile specific artifacts that would be suitable to present at a job interview or performance review. In addition to the four previous assessments you have completed in this course, prepare a written summary (Part II) of your proficiency in all of the program outcomes and highlight accomplishments from your portfolio that illustrate your level of competence.
Note: You will not be re-evaluated on the four previous assessments you submit as artifacts for your Portfolio; you will only be evaluated on your written summary. Be sure, however, that you submit your entire portfolio.
Prepare your Professional Development Portfolio by compiling into a .zip file all the assessments (artifacts) you have completed for this course. Organize your portfolio in a manner that makes sense for you. To make it easier to reference specific assessments, use a numbering or lettering system such as A, B, C, and so on.
• Assessment A: Health Assessment and Communication.
• Assessment B: Health Promotion and Disease Prevention.
For example, in the summary you write in Part II, you would reference portions of Assessment A to support your proficiency in the corresponding competencies.
Complete the following:
1. Write a summary of your proficiency in each of the program outcomes. Refer to specific assessments and content to support your summary. Answer how well are you able to do the following:
1. Conduct comprehensive and focused assessments of health and illness parameters in individuals, groups, and vulnerable populations.
2. Incorporate concepts of patient safety, clinical management, and quality improvement to improve patient outcomes.
3. Incorporate evidence-based practice interventions (for example, information systems and patient-care technologies) as appropriate for managing the acute and chronic care of patients, promoting health across the lifespan.
4. Understand the scope and role of policy, finance, and regulatory environments in relationship to individual and population outcomes.
5. Communicate effectively with all members of the health care team, including interdepartmental and interdisciplinary collaboration for quality outcomes.
6. Apply knowledge of organizational behavior, nursing theory, and systems (micro- and macro-) as appropriate for the scope and role of one’s own practice.
7. Apply and incorporate a basic understanding of the concepts of health promotion and disease prevention as a means of improving health at the individual, population, and community level.
8. Incorporate a holistic, caring, culturally appropriate nursing approach that contributes to the wellness and health of individuals, groups, and vulnerable populations.
9. Incorporate the qualities, skills, behaviors, and knowledge required to function as a patient advocate, practice high quality care, assess and evaluate patient outcomes, and provide leadership in improving care.
10. Integrate a holistic approach to local, regional, national, and global dynamics in nursing and health care system delivery.
2. Conclude your summary explaining how lifelong learning can help support you in your career goals.
• Format: You do not need to use APA formatting for this assessment.
• Length: There is no required minimum length for your summary, but be sure you address each program outcome as thoroughly as possible.
• References: You do not need to use any supporting resources other than your completed assessments.
• Font: Use double-spaced, 12-point, Times New Roman font.