The goal of this project is to introduce you to the practice of using academic research to inform managerial practice. You are to review three recently (within the last 10 years) published academic articles (from research oriented, preferably “peer reviewed” journals) on an ethics or corporate social responsibility topic. Some good journals for this class include: The Journal of Business Ethics, Business Ethics Quarterly, Sloan Management Review, California Management Review, Academy of Management Journal, Academy of Management Review, Harvard Business and Review, Business & Society, Business & Society Review, Journal of Religion & Business Ethics.
Your review should go well beyond the article abstract and include key findings and implications of the articles. You clearly connect the articles to concepts developed during the quarter. For example, you should answer questions like: How do the findings connect with an idea, theory or issue we discussed? How do they enhance our understanding of better managerial practice? How do they enlighten, challenge or confirm your own experience and/or preconceptions?
Some example topics you can choose from:
– Links between corporate social and financial performance (e.g., Does CSR Pay, Are customers willing to pay more for “Socially Responsible” products? How do socially responsible investments fare?)
– Impact of cognitive biases in hiring/ promotion / performance evaluation or other managerial decisions
– Impact of organizational culture (or specific management policies) on ethical and unethical behavior or other “behavioral ethics” research
– Influence of factors such as gender or religious beliefs on ethics
– Are overseas factories truly exploitative “sweatshops?”
– The ethics and/or environmental impact of local sourcing and/or carbon offsetting.
– Cultural conflicts
– Impact of trade on jobs and wages
– Do fair trade and/or other socially responsible sourcing initiatives work?
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT 🙂