Public Health Implications of Disater (core requirement) & Homeland Security (elective course).
As per our recent message, I have this order. Case Study 2, for week 4 belonging to the course of Homeland Security and Defense for the program of my master which is Disaster Medicine and management.
– I will start with the course description (taken from the syllabus I’ve already sent you with the previous order of DB Wk1): DMM 612 Foundations of Homeland Security and Defense The United States has embraced the homeland security monolith having neither fully understood nor tamed all that it encompasses. This challenging course provides a broad overview of homeland security and homeland defense as undertaken in the United States since 9/11 and under different administrations. The goal is to provide the generally accepted body of knowledge required of the homeland security professional. The course focuses on four areas: the enemy, why they hate us, and the threat they pose; the policies and procedures enacted since 9/11; the key players at the federal, state and local levels; and legal issues critical to the conduct of homeland security and defense activities by the National Guard. The student will be gain an understanding in asymmetric thinking, develop an appreciation for the growing body of literature in the discipline of homeland security, and have the opportunity to examine a key issue in depth through a term research paper.
THE REQUIRED TEXTBOOK FOR THIS COURE (PLEASE USE SOME OF THEM FROM A TOTAL OF 6 REFERENCES YOU WILL USE): 1. Forst, Brian – Terrorism, Crime, and Public Policy, ISBN: 978-0-521-67642-7 2. Harmon, C.C., Pratt, A.N., Gorka, S. – Toward a Grand Strategy Against Terrorism, ISBN: 978-0-07-352779-6
The assigned reading for Wk 4, the week that this case due, are:
1. Assigned Readings
a. Harmon 1.2
b. Deterrence and Influence
c. Terror Trends: 40 Years’ Data on International and Domestic Terrorism (https://www.heritage.org/research/reports/2011/05/terror-trends-40-years-data-on-international-and-domestic-terrorism)
d. Emerging Threats and Security Planning (Soft Targets, Back in Focus (https://www.rand.org/content/dam/rand/pubs/occasional_papers/2009/RAND_OP256.pdf)
Now, let me please give you the description and the instructions of all the case studies (taken from the syllabus as well): Faculty will post 4 cases in the Assignment section; Please read the cases and answer the questions on all 4 cases. The assignment should post in the assignment section as well as in the discussion board section for student feedback. The cases are scheduled for the last day of each of their respective modules. The course requires that the paper be APA style and in length between, 3-5 pages, not including references and cover page.. The cases are scheduled for the last day of MOD2, MOD4, MOD6, and MOD9. Instructor requires that the paper be in length between 2-4 pages in addition to references.
FOR THIS WEEK, I have the Second Case Study that should be done in 5 pages (NOT INCLUDING THE REFERENCES PAGE). What is required in this Case Study 2 is as follows:
2. Case #2: What are the primary sources of terrorist funding? How has the funding of terrorism changed over the past few years, and what are the policy implications of this change for law enforcement? Choose a case study where an attack was successful on the homeland and address the funding element of the adversary planning.
– PLEASE REMEMBER TO COVER ALL THE POINTS.
– PLEASE DO A CHECKLIST TO MAKE SURE YOU COVER (ALL THE POINTS EVEN THE SMALL ONES).
– PLEASE DON’T FORGET TO USE SOME OF THE TEXTBOOKS OF THIS COURSE AND THE READING ASIGNMENTS OF THIS WEEK, WK4 IF APPROPRIATE, WITH THE OTHER REFERENCES IN A TOTAL OF 7 REFERENCES. – THIS CASE IS DUE IN WEEK 4, SO PLEASE TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE READING ASSIGNMENTS OF WEEK 4 IF POSSIBLE AND DO USE SOME OF THEM OR FROM THE REQUIRED TEXTBOOKS OF THE WHOLE COURSE BECAUSE THE PROFESSOR MENTIONED THAT WE SHOULD USE THE READING ASSIGNMENTS AS THE MAIN RESOURCES, IN ADDITION TO THE OTHER SOURCES WITH A TOTAL OF 7 REFERENCES. – (IMPORTANT): AS YOU KNOW, I AM A MUSLIM, SO PLEASE DO NOT WRITER ANYTHING COMES IN CONFLICT WITH THIS FACT – FINALLY, PLEASE READ AND APPLY (ALL) THE PREVIOUS POINTS AND DO CHECKLIST FOR THEM TO AVOID MISSING ANY ONE OF THEM.
NOTE: This order is to do 5-PAGE case study (NOT INCLUDING THE REFERENCES PAGE) but I put it as a 1-page order but after you finish it, we can together coordinate everything with the support team but please work now according to a 5-page case study and we will be together to the end.