put yourself in the role of an investigative reporter for a nationally published magazine.
For this homework assignment, you will be asked to put yourself in the role of an investigative reporter for a nationally published magazine. Crime rates in the United States are a hot topic recently, and your magazine has assigned you to be the lead reporter for a report on procedures being put into place within the field of corrections, specifically those involving diversion and probation.
Your editor has designated this as the cover story and featured article within the magazine, and has asked that you be sure to include the following in your report:
1. Describe diversion and probation and what they involve; include how they are alike, and how they differ.
2. Examine and briefly describe the original concept and evolution of each within the United States.
3. Explain how diversion and probation have been used within the field of corrections.
4. Based on research you discover, analyze the pros and cons to using diversion and probation. Are there different pros and cons to using them for different types of offenders?
5. How does the use of diversion and/or probation impact the recidivism rate, if at all? Is either tactic, or both, more effective with certain types of offenders?
6. Finally, examine the work of a probation officer. Provide supporting evidence that the work of a probation officer helps reduce the crime rate. Conclude with the dangers that they face in their line of work, specifically citing one researched incident since 2013, and examine ways that could help improve the environment a probation officer is a part of.
Your response must be a minimum of two pages, double spaced, and in 12 point Times New Roman font. You are required to use at least one outside source, which does not include the textbook. All sources used, including the textbook, must be referenced; paraphrased and quoted material must have accompanying APA citations.