Recommendation

Write a one-page report on a food toxin. You may select one that we’ve read about in the book, or report on a different one that you find interesting (i.e., puffer fish toxin.) Choose a specific toxin, not a class of toxins.

Be sure to choose a toxin, and not an allergen or compound that causes a food sensitivity. (message mr if you are uncertain.) You may include information from the book, but most of the information should be from other sources. Cite at least 2 sources.

What foods produce the toxin? Under what circumstances? What is the dose which is dangerous to humans? How much would a person have to consume, in order to get sick? What are the symptoms? What steps are taken by the food industry to keep people safe?