A. Select two psychological variables
1. From your experience, interests or textbook
2. For example (i.e.):
a. binge drinking &
b. aggressive behavior, poor grades, sexual promiscuity, OR accidents
B. Content: compose a two page essay describing the relationship between the two variables:
1. Start with a left-justified header: Name, Course/section, Title and Date*
2. After a brief introduction, define each variable individually and separately
3. Estimate the direction of the correlation (relationship): Positive or negative
4. Estimate the strength of the relationship between the variables:
a. strong (.67-1)
b. medium (.34-.66)
c. weak (.01-.33)
5. Discuss the nature of the relationship, citing solid scientific sources,
6. Give a summary and conclusion at the end of the essay, including recommendations for future research
1. 12 point Times New Roman Font
3. 2 FULL pages, minimum length!
4. No Title/Abstract Page or (separate) Reference Page required for a short essay.
D. Cite sources used within body of paper with short in-text (note) citations:
E. Consult an APA Style writing link for help with proper documentation:
1. https://www.writinghelp-central.com/apa-citation-internet.html 2. Purdue Writing Lab: https://owl.english.purdue.edu
. 3. Direct quotes: (author, date, p#)
4. Paraphrased citations: (author, date)
H. Use longer complete and matching APA Style references just beneath text/body..
F. Cite two (2) “full text” journal articles from https://www.www.nclive.org (etc.) relating to your correlation topic::
G. If NCLive.org doesn’t “pan out”, try
1. https://www.apa.org/monitor and/or
4. www.findarticles.com , or
5. .https://www.google.com (Be sure to end search with “…….pdf”)
. 6. Avoid generic websites: Wikipedia, About.com, etc. in scholarly writing! .