Role of the Financial Manager
The post has two asighnments
1: Hamlet Close Reading Analysis
. Explain how it relates or contributes to the themes of the play as a whole or to the characters involved. Develop a thesis which explains why you think your passage
is important to the play. Justify the importance of the passage by showing the reader all the ways in which it develops the themes and characters of the play.
2:Role of the Financial Manager
Session 1 – Role of the Financial Manager
The article is "Challenges for financial managers in changing economic environment" and was published in Procedia Economics and Finance 27 ( 2015 ) 726 –
The article is by: Livia Ilie
ARTICLE LINK: https://ac.els-cdn.com/S2212567115010540/1-s2.0-S2212567115010540-main.pdf?_tid=ed74f852-599d-11e6-b016-
1. What are 3 fundamental decisions that are of concern the finance team? What is the impact of these on the balance sheet?
2. Explain the difference between a stakeholder and a stockholder and why both are important to the success of an organization.
Session 2 – Financial Statements, Cash Flows and Taxes
1. How does net cash flow differ from net income and why is that difference relevant to financial decision making?
2. With regard to tax purposes, which type of depreciation methods do organizations prefer and why?
Session 3 – Analyzing Financial Statements
1. Analyze ROA and ROE and how each one fits into Profitability Ratios.
2. What is financial leverage? What are the benefits and risks associated with financial leverage?
Session 4 – TVM, Discounted Cash Flows & Valuation
1. What are the differences between simple interest and compound interest
2. With regards to money: What are the differences between future value and present value?
3. What considerations do you need to take when considering "time value of money"?
4. Why is the following statement true? "A dollar today is worth more than a dollar tomorrow."
Session 5 – Risk & Return
1. Explain the difference between required rate of return and expected rate of return. If they are different at a specific point in time, what does it mean?
2. What is the difference between an expected return and a total holding period return?
3. How does investing in more than one asset reduce risk through diversification?
Session 6 – Fundamentals of Capital Budgeting
1. What is opportunity cost and why is it an important concept in the capital budgeting process? The opportunity cost concept applies to almost every financial
decision we make as individuals. Can you give an example from your own experience?
2. What is capital rationing from the perspective of capital budgeting?
3. Give an example of a strength and a weakness of the accounting rate of return approach.
Session 8 – Managerial Accounting in the Information Age
1. How is the concept of incremental analysis used in decision making?
2. What does it mean when someone says "You get what you measured"?
3. What are the impacts of information technology?
Session 9 – Cost-Volume-Profit Analysis
1. What is relevant range?
2. Give two examples of costs that are variable costs and two examples of fixed costs.
Session 10 – Cost Allocation and ABC – Analyzing Cost Behaviors
1. Explain the responsibility of the accounting department.
2. What is one advantage of having 2 costs pools (one for fixed costs and one for variable costs) for each service department?
Session 11 – Pricing, Analyzing Cust Profitability, Activity-Based Pricing
1. How would a manager use economic theory to maximize profit price for a service or product?
2. What is the process of target costing? How is target costing calculated?