Introduction: The purpose of this assignment is to provide the student an opportunity to explore the roles and competencies of the advanced practice nurse (APN).
- The Roles in Advanced Nursing Practice paper is worth 150 points and will be graded on quality of information, use of citations, use of Standard English grammar, sentence structure, and overall organization based on the required components as summarized in the directions and grading criteria/rubric.
- Create your manuscript using Microsoft Word, which is the required format
- The length of the paper is to be 4-5 pages, excluding title page and reference pages.
- Support ideas with a minimum of 2 scholarly resources.
- You may use first person voice when describing your rationale for choosing the CNP role and your plans for clinical practice. APA (2010) format is required with both a title page and reference page. Use the required components of the review as Level 1 headers (upper and lower case, bold, centered):
Roles in Advanced Practice Nursing (introduction)
4 APN Roles
Rationale for Choosing CNP Role
Plans for Clinical Practice
Preparing the paper:
The following are best practices for preparing this paper:
Review Chapter 1: Introduction to the Role of Advanced Practice Nursing in DeNisco and Barker (2015).
Review DeNisco and Barker (2015) Chapter 30: Introduction, Transitioning Roles, and Strategies for a Successful Transition sections
Introduce the topic of the paper. Describe what you will be covering.
Explore the four APN roles (CNP, CNS, CRNA & CNM). Describe each role and work environment.
Describe your rationale for choosing the CNP advanced practice role versus one of the other roles.
Discuss your plans for clinical practice after graduation. How has your idea of NP practice changed after researching these roles?
Review DeNisco and Barker (2015) Chapter 30: Introduction, Transitioning Roles, and Strategies for a Successful Transition sections addressing the transition from the registered nurse (RN) to the nurse practitioner (NP) role, describe two factors that may impact your transition. Discuss two strategies to support a successful transition from the RN to your NP role. Provide reference support from at least two scholarly sources
Provide a conclusion, including a brief summary of what you discussed in the paper.