Russell Jacoby’s – The End of Utopia
1) Russell Jacoby’s – The End of Utopia
2) Kim Stanley Robinson’s – Red Mars
3) Thomas Picketty’s – Capital in the 21st Century
4) Steven Pinker’s – The Better Angels of Our Nature
Details / Instructions: This paper needs to be a 20 page essay in which YOU, the writer, compare, contrast, and integrate the arguments made by Russell Jacoby in his work, The End of Utopia, and the elements of political utopia that permeate and comprise Kim Stanley Robinson’s work, Red Mars. These must then be juxtaposed against the arguments of Thomas Picketty (Capital in the 21st Century) and Steven Pinker (The Better Angels of Our Nature).
Checklist for a Successful Paper:
• Apparent critical thinking, insightful analysis, without lengthy summarization
• Paper needs to be a scholarly example of graduate level work in Political Science; the excellent paper/essay actively engages the aspects of the utopic works under consideration in a thoughtful, creative, and well-grounded manner (meaning it is engaged in BOTH theoretical and rational debates surrounding the utopic work). Its prose and methods invite the reader to consider some new and interesting insight originating in the political utopia to which the paper responds.
• Paper needs to be cogent, clear, consistent, germane and well-integrated. Paper will reliably and sufficiently draw upon, quotes and while citing the works, arguments and methods of political theorists used throughout the course AND engages, compares and contrasts the political utopias previously read in class with the one currently under consideration
• Demonstrates fluency with and knowledge of relevant utopic theory and other political theories
• Demonstrates concern for detail, intellectual sophistication, creativity and rigor
• Paper will have a conclusion that restates the main thesis/argument, reiterates the strengths of the argument by persuasively and succinctly restating the thesis, and suggests future questions/research stemming from the issues presented by the paper.
• Needs to be clear and understandable, while engaging and enjoyable
• Clear central thesis that impacts and influences the arguments throughout the essay
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT 🙂