Compile a report that includes as much of the following demographic information as possible:
- What is the average per household income?
- What percentage of the community lives in single-family homes?
- What percentage of the community lives in rental housing?
- Has the price of housing increased or decreased in the last year or so? By what
- What is the education level of the population?
- What is the population number? Has it increased or decreased in the last five years?
- Has there been any major new housing construction in the school neighborhood?
- What are the primary types of occupations of the people in your community?
- What are the major economic contributors to the community?
- Is the community gaining or losing businesses?
- Describe the diversity of the community. Which cultures are represented?
- What are some general attitudes (both positive and negative) of the community as you see
- How much funding does the school receive per pupil? This is referred to as Average
Daily Membership (ADM).
- Do there seem to be indications of social strata in the community? Explain.
- Add any other information available about your community that you believe to be
relevant to help understand influences on the schools.