Scientific Evaluation and Discussion
From the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bn4t4GXfRqY
Watch it and respond to these two parts
Sources: the video and journal entry that needs to be found
1) Scientific Evaluation:
– State the basic premise or set of of linked premise
– What different disciplines are in play here?
– What is the scientific discovery/process? *What is the key to success in this frame work?*
– What are some problems with the research? * Find ONE recent journal article about this topic (or the problems) to show what may be wrong (Terms to look at: super
volcanoes, bottleneck, human evolution hypothesis, Yellowstone Toba)
2) Qualitative / production evaluation
– What is YOUR reaction?
– How would you present the ideas better?
– What is the impact?
SAME ASSIGNMENT FROM PROFESSOR BUT WITH MORE INFORMATION:
What is the basis for the investigations depicted? How do these investigations tie together? What are the key pieces of information that allow the study to progress?
Can you find NEWER analyses of the same idea that shed more light on the subject? You will also complete a “stylistic” review of the video (is it effective? Is it
interesting? What could be better? What was bad? What was good? How would you script or write the show, if you were the producer?) Each section should be 1 page (2
pages total), and referenced appropriately in the Chicago Style (look it up!).
from class notes:
– scientific disciplines (all come together when looking at a larger scale in the events)
physics (of bubbles & gasses in solutions), archeology, seismology, biology, anthropology, chemistry, geo chemistry, geology
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT 🙂