EN111 Achieving Academic Excellence
Directions: Be sure to save an electronic copy of your answer before submitting it to Ashworth College for grading. Unless otherwise stated, answer in complete sentences, and be sure to use correct English, spelling and grammar. Sources must be cited in APA format.
1. View this video about setting SMART goals:
2. Decide on one goal you have that led you to pursue continued education.
3. Complete the SMART Goals Worksheet on the following page for the time of development:
Note: You can download a copy of a SMART Goals Worksheet here: https://images.brighthub.com/media/F2BFF8_smart-goals-worksheet.doc
4. Write a 250 to 500 word essay defining your goal and outlining your answers at this time.
SMART Goals Worksheet
Answers at time of development 6 Month Update
• What is the desired result? (who, what, when, why, how)
• How can you quantify (numerically or descriptively) completion?
• How can you measure progress?
• What skills are needed?
• What resources are necessary?
• How does the environment impact goal achievement?
• Does the goal require the right amount of effort?
• Is the goal in alignment with the overall mission or strategy?
• What is the deadline?
• Is the deadline realistic?