● What is the relationship between social inequality and crime?
● Do longer prison terms and/or harsher sentences reduce crime?
● What is meant by “Bait and Switch”? Are “3 Strikes Laws” reducing crime? What comprises the majority of “3 Strikes” cases?
● Is inequality on the rise or on the decline? Give some easy-to-understand examples.
● What is the relationship between earnings and education?
● What are the identifiable differences between the US and other industrialized nations that can help explain the extreme inequality in the US?
● Are there possible remedies?
● Briefly discuss the two school systems that Kozol describes. What do you think the basis of this inequality is?