Stop and Frisk
In 4-5 double-spaced pages, you should:
• Introduce the issue (15 Points)
o What is the issue at hand?
o What are the current laws surrounding this issue? (Could be state specific or broader reaching (Federal) laws).
o How are these laws thought to impact your chosen outcome?
? What outcome are the designed to reduce or impact?
? How are they believed to accomplish this?
o Review the seminal cases surrounding the issue, including what the courts have ruled (if there have in fact been cases on your issue).
• Discuss the two empirical articles that you have chosen to discuss the impact of the laws on your chosen outcome (35 Points)
o Discuss the data and methods used in the research in significant detail
? What kind of data did the authors use?
? Where did it come from or how was it collected?
? How did they measure the concepts of interest (Independent Variable and Dependent Variable)?
? What kind of analysis did they use?
? What did they find? What do their results suggest?
• Conclude the paper with a discussion of whether or not the research suggests that the laws do what they were designed to do (i.e. reduce drug use), or if they have other unintended consequences. (15 points)
• A reference section should be included that lists the resources you cited and include all appropriate in-text citations (10 points).
• Paper should be free of typos and unclear sentences as well as be well-organized (10 points).
Stop and Frisk