The board of directors of Primark are considering whether to move their production facilities to an emerging market. They have yet to make a decision. However, initial research indicates that such a strategy would lower costs and potentially be very lucrative, increasing returns to shareholders.
- Produce a 3000 word essay based on the following tasks:
- An introduction to the company and its current CSR policies (10%)
- Discuss how CSR may contribute to a company’s success from the perspective of different stakeholder groups (20%)
- With reference to appropriate theory (eg, triple bottom line, sustainable supply chain management, etc), analyse the challenges and advantages of moving manufacturing to an emerging market (40%)
- Based upon your answers to (1), (2) and (3), evaluate critically whether or not the company should pursue the proposal? (30%)