Criteria for Content
- Overview of healthcare policy: This section introduces healthcare policy. It should contain the following
¢ Define healthcare policy in general and its implications for the nursing profession
- Define the role of advocacy and how it can impact healthcare policy
« Explain how the role of advocacy is consistent with the responsibilities of an advance practice nurse
- Identification of selected healthcare policy concem: This section provides foundational information
regarding the student-selected healthcare policy concern. It should contain the following elements:
¢ Specifically identify the selected healthcare policy concern
« Description of the impacted population group
- Provide a comprehensive description of the selected healthcare concern by including:
o How frequently does it occur?
o What impact does the selected healthcare concern have upon the community and population group?
- Description of student-identified solution to the selected healthcare concern: This section presents a
comprehensive picture of the student-selected solution to the selected healthcare concern. It should
contain the following elements:
« Identify, with specific detail, the solution to the student-selected healthcare concem
« Identify the following areas:
o What would be the positive outcome if the solution was implemented?
o What changes would need to occur in the community to foster implementation?
o What changes would need to occur in the population group to foster implementation?
o What measureable actions will demonstrate a positive outcome if the solution was implemented?