Analyzing Accomplished Teaching and Assessment Practices and Identifying Strengths and Weaknesses in Practice
• Analyze each element of the “Architecture of Accomplished Teaching,” “Standard V: Assessing Children’s Development and Learning,” and “Purposes for Assessment”
• Then, read the two Bagnato (2011, 2014) articles.
• Finally, review the material from Week 1 Discussion.
Answer the following:
• Identify three personal strengths and three challenges in your current assessment practices/teaching. Give examples from your own practice.
• Identify how you can develop two of your areas of weakness.
• Use external research (a minimum of two resources) to support your statements regarding improvement.
• Include in your discussion the NAEYC “Purposes for Assessment.”