Text component should begin with a brief introduction that captures the reader’s attention, introduces your chosen concept, and encourages the reader to continue reading.
Please follow the instructions below:
1. Read peer-reviewed journal article by Moran et al. (I will upload the peer-reviewed journal article by Moran et al. as additional material, please check for that)
2. Choose ONE scientific/technical term associated with the above article that
would not normally be understood by a non-scientific audience. Examples of
possible terms could include: Bonferroni correction, temporal gyrus, fMRI … the list goes on.
3. Research chosen term using a minimum of three scholarly sources until you
develop sufficient expertise to explain it to a non-expert audience.
3. Write approximately 750 words explaining your chosen term to an
audience composed of individuals who have some post-secondary education and a general interest in the topic but no specialized scientific knowledge. Include a visual aid. Paper should include a bibliography. Please cite sources using APA 6.0.
– Use plain language
– Explain terminology and acronyms
– Use appropriate metaphors
– Use everyday examples
– Use and cite multiple sources
– Incorporate appropriate visual aids and graphics
– Clear, concise, coherent, well-organized; sentences and paragraphs well structured; language and tone well-chosen; visual aid appropriate and helpful
– Follow an organizational pattern
– Divide into manageable paragraphs
– Revise sentences for clarity, conciseness, coherence
– Edit for correctness