The case is from /www.mcgrawhillcreate.com/shop
To buy the eBook with the cases included, go to: www.mcgrawhillcreate.com/shop
Then type in or copy the following ISBN. 9781121807655
This is the case you will use from p382 to p398
One Page write-ups (Evidence of Case Preparation) (10% +)
To demonstrate your preparation for each case class, completea one-pager (OP)on those days when you are not presenting a case analysis or writing it up as a required full blown case write-up. The so-called one-pager exercise is a 1-2 page summary of your understanding of the main issues of the case. You can do this by writing short (say, one paragraph of 3-5 sentences) answers to the discussion questions for the case.
When preparing one pagers (actually they can be one to three pages in length) on the cases, please try to respond briefly to each of the questions. If you exceed the page limit, you will not be penalized but if your answers are too brief and all jumbled together in a single paragraph or two, that could be a concern.
FTR CASES 2 AND 3: THE MOVIE INDUSTRY IN 2008 (ITEMS 1 THROUGH 5 BELOW) AND THE MOVIE INDUSTRY IN 2011 (ITEMS 6 AND 7)
1. Perform a PESTEL (external environmental) analysis of the movie theater industry.
2. Perform an industry analysis using Porter’s Five Forces model.
3. What is the profitability model for movie theaters (i.e., how do they make money)? How is this related to current trends in attendance?
4. What are the key strategic issues facing movie theaters?
5. What are some strategic actions/initiatives that exhibitors might consider to address these strategic issues? Which one(s) would you recommend? Why?
6. Has the outlook for the movie industry improved any by 2011?
7. What strategic actions might exhibitors take in 2011 and beyond to improve their situation?