answering all of the questions in Chapter 6 following the Stern v. Lucy case making sure to comply with the requirements set forth in the syllabus, guidelines and grading rubric.
Guidelines for Group: “The Court Decides” Question Assignments
Each Group “The Court Decides” Question Assignments shall include:
- All participating and non-participating student names.
- Required: Complete detailed answers to each of the questions for the particular assignment. Each question number and question must be repeated in full and followed by your narrative answer which must include properly used and APA Style cited sources and then the references used in the answer should follow before proceeding to the next question.
- Required: More than two “External Authoritative Sources” are required in addition to the textbook for maximum points on EACH question/answer. In addition each paragraph and/or each substantive issue addressed in an answer must have at least one “External Authoritative Sources” cited (not including the text book). It is unacceptable to have paragraph(s) or issue(s) with zero sources cited and then have one paragraph or issue to contain all three “external authoritative sources” and the text book.
- Guidance: A source cannot be referenced unless it was cited in the narrative answer.
- Required: The text book must be cited just like any other source. It is not permissible to write “In the text book…” or In the case study…”
- Required: Any direct quote in the narrative must include the page or paragraph number in the citation.
- Guidance: It is improper to place a citation/source at the end of a paragraph if material from the source appears before the last sentence in the paragraph.
- Guidance: It is improper to place a citation in the middle of a sentence. One can lead with the source in the sentence but cannot use a citation within parenthesis except at the end of the sentence.
- “External Authoritative Sources” for purposes of this course shall mean: books, peer reviewed journal articles, education and government sites as well as non-partisan national or international organizations (such as WHO, UNICEF, UNAIDS etc) provided, the foregoing source/material selected has in text citations and references to support statements made therein. Under no circumstances are newspapers including the Wall Street Journal, blogs (regardless of source), editorials, panel discussions and dot com sites to be used. The foregoing are not considered authoritative for this course.
- Additional Guidance: I urge student to review the adobe connect session with FIU Libraries and Writing Center on APA Style formatting and contact them personally if more assistance is needed.
- Proper Submission Required: The assignment must be posted in the appropriate Assignment Folder.