The following post has two assignments namely;
1.The impact of EU integration
Describe and discuss two major hurdles faced by your country of choice during the EU accession process. What was the nature of the hurdles (political, economic, social, human rights), and how did
the candidate country overcome these two hurdles before being allowed into the EU? (20 points)
2. After your country of choice joined the EU, what were two policy areas that were significantly improved due to policy changes imposed by the EU, or thanks to EU funding? Describe these policies
or policy areas and the positive outcomes owed to the European Union (20 points).
3. Describe and discuss one policy or policy area, that according to the European Union, has not improved, or still needs significant improvement in your country of choice, even after the country
has become an EU member. Describe the EU’s reaction to poor performance in this policy area (Did the EU fine the member state for poor performance, or did the EU offer additional financial
assistance to help improve the situation? If neither, what other measures did the EU take to help the member state rectify this shortcoming?) (10 points).
2.Factors which could affect the extent to which the workforce needs to increase
You have been asked to provide guidance to a local water park. This is a relatively small organisation, with just 25 permanent employees. However, during the cooler months the number of employees
increases three fold – due to the extra work that comes from tourists visiting the park. This scenario applies to 3MER Written Assignment A, B and C.
A number of issues have arisen, and you are required to advise on each. To assist you in your deliberations, the issues have been grouped into three sections:
With the significantly increased workforce during the cooler months, it is always difficult to predict what the actual workforce needs will be:
• Explain 2 internal and 2 external factors which could affect the extent to which the workforce needs to increase. (AC 1.1)
• The employer is not sure whether the individuals who work on a temporary basis during the cooler months are employees or not. Explain the difference between an employee, a worker and a
self-employed individual. (AC 1.2)
• Explain to the employer why it is important to determine the employment status of the individuals working at the park. (AC 1.3)
• Write a short description of the learning process you went through in order to write this assignment: what you knew about employment status before you attended module 2; what you learnt
during the module; and what you learnt in preparing this assignment.