The meaning of a word is its use in the language”
(Wittgenstein, Philosophical Investigations, § 43)
Source: Wittgenstein, L. (1973). Philosophical investigations. New York, NY: Pearso.
“I have only one language and it is not mine”
(Derrida, 1998, p. 1)
Source: Derrida, J. (1998). Monolingualism of the other; or, The prosthesis of origin. Stanford: Stanford University Press.
Consider the above two quotations and make a case for whether you find the positions expressed reconcilable or irreconcilable. Supplement your discussion by addressing why business and management students might be concerned with Wittgenstein or Derrida’s philosophy of language?
In responding to this question focus attention on how Wittgenstein and Derrida’s work on language might have practical use in improving managers’ understanding of both the complexity of organizations and unintended consequences of managerial work.
To develop your discussion it is recommended that you identify one problem/aspect of organizational life and apply your knowledge of theories to analyse this problem/aspect of working life.
In answering this question please ensure that you:
– demonstrate your understanding of Wittgenstein and Derrida’s theoretical work on language
– demonstrate your ability to apply theory to practice
1. All work should make clear and appropriate use of academic literature.
2. All work should be appropriately referenced.
3. Examples should be used, where appropriate, to both develop ideas and
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT 🙂