Objective: To examine the power of groups to influence our behavior.
Instructions: Objectively examine group dynamics within the workplace, family, classroom or while shopping. Describe the different types of groups you see (at least two groups must be discussed) and identify the characteristics (at least two characteristics) associated with the groups you have identified.
Successful completion of this activity requires you:
- To provide a description of the different types of groups you see within a social environment. At least two groups must be discussed and you must identify the setting in which you are observing the group behavior. The response to this part of the activity must be at least 150 words
- Based upon the types of groups identified above describe at least two characteristics associated with the groups you have identified. For example if you observed primary groups and reference groups within the setting observed you will need to identify two characteristics associated with primary and reference groups. The response to this part of the activity must be at least 150 words and it needs to be cohesive
- Reply to at least one of your fellow classmates postings. The reply posting must be at least 6 sentences and must be directly relevant to the point(s) your classmate made. The posting submitted must reflect thought and insight into your fellow classmates posting.
In your reply to your fellow classmate’s posting you may address one of the following:
1) Expand upon or clarify a point made in the posting your fellow classmate submitted.
2) Offer an additional point of view to support a position taken in the posting you are replying to.
3) Suggest ways in which an idea presented in the posting your are replying to could be more clearly expressed.
4) Identify where you think the writer of the posting you are replying to misunderstood a concept/theory or applied it incorrectly.
5) Disagree with a point or position made in the posting you are replying to.