Answer the question below base on the book https://reefimages.com/?page=oceansci
Ps : you will find the answer easily if you look at the book
What is science?
· Describe the scientific process using hypothesis, experiment, evidence, theory.
· Compare the difference between scientific theories and non-scientific ideas.
· Provide two specific examples of how new evidence can alter or refute previously held theories. Be sure to identify the new pieces of evidence.
Maps, Charts, and Graphs
· Define longitude and latitude
· Define GPS coordinates.
· Locate the five major oceans and seven continents on the globe.
Properties of water Segar (Links to an external site.) Ch. 5 89-93 (Links to an external site.) and Crictical Concepts 1 (Links to an external site.) p451-454
· Explain how the shape of a water molecule: a) makes ice float; b) gives it a high boiling point c) allows it to dissolve ionic compounds (salts).
· Calculate the amount of energy required to raise 500 mL of water by 75oC.
· Define density.
Explain how the density of water changes with temperature.
Properties of seawater Segar.: Ch. 5 (pp 85-105) (Links to an external site.) and Critical Concepts 1 and 6
· Explain how the density of water changes with salinity (dissolved salts).
· List the most 6 abundant elements or ions that are dissolved in water.
· Define salinity and describe the processes that affect salinity in the surface ocean.
· Describe how seawater temperature changes with latitude and with depth.
· Explain what is responsible for the changes.
Earth as a System
· Describe the major reservoirs and fluxes of the water cycle.