The following post has three assignments namely;
1.The Tyranny of Choice by Barry Schwartz
Read the Tyranny of Choice by Barry Schwartz and write five paragraphs which discuss why Schwartz’s argument is successful. Focus on Schwartz’s use of the rhetorical appeals (logos, ethos,
2.Business level and corporate level strategies
Choose an industry and one publicly traded corporation within that industry. Research the company on its own Website, the public filings on the Securities and Exchange Commission EDGAR database
.address these questions.
Write a six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you:
1. Analyze the business-level strategies for the corporation you chose to determine the business-level strategy you think is most important to the long-term success of the firm and whether or
not you judge this to be a good choice. Justify your opinion.
2. Analyze the corporate-level strategies for the corporation you chose to determine the corporate-level strategy you think is most important to the long-term success of the firm and whether
or not you judge this to be a good choice. Justify your opinion.
3. Analyze the competitive environment to determine the corporation’s most significant competitor. Compare their strategies at each level and evaluate which company you think is most likely
to be successful in the long term. Justify your choice.
4. Determine whether your choice from Question 3 would differ in slow-cycle and fast-cycle markets.
3. Criminalization of Certain Speech
Discuss the law of inchoate crimes. What are the issues with these types of crimes? Are they a necessary part of the criminal code? Include in your analysis the elements of each crime.
Discuss proposals and laws which criminalize certain speech (such as hate speech or flag burning). Include in your discussion the elements of the crimes and a critical analysis of whether these
crimes or proposals are a good or bad idea.