The Value Chain in the Management of My Life
Unit 6 Assignment: The Value Chain in the Management of My Life
The purpose of this Assignment is for you to demonstrate a graduate level understanding of the identification and application of the Value Chain to the management of your life.
1. As the starting point for this essay Assignment, use the APA formatted Microsoft Word document template in Doc Sharing entitled “Unit 6 Assignment Template Value Chain My Life” as the starting point. Download the template and save it as your own document, for example, YourNameUnit6GB570.docx.
2. Write your paper using first person perspective.
3. Write a 2–3 page essay paper making a compelling argument on how the application of the value chain in the management of your life can create and increase your value as a person, student, co-worker, team member, manager, parent, spouse, etc.
• When writing your paper, use the popularly held concept that your personal life is the most important business you will ever manage. Using that concept as a starting point, this Assignment is an opportunity for you to relate what you learned about the value chain to your own life.
• Examine the elements and origins of the various aspects of your personal value chain. These could include upbringing, education, professional activities, and professional, educational and charitable networking, etc.
• Determine and comment how the inclusion and application of the various elements can improve your life quality, competitive position, advantage, and success in living and in your career.
4. No references are required for this Unit 6 Assignment, but if you do use source material, apply no more than one APA formatted reference and citation per paragraph and use APA in-text citation within the response and list the applied reference(s) at the end of the response using APA formatting.
5. Proofread your paper, confirm correct APA formatting, run spell check and grammar check and proofread again.
Grading Criteria Possible points Earned points
Wrote an APA formatted 2–3 pages paper, plus title page and references page using first person perspective. 5
The essay made a compelling argument on how the application of the value chain in the management of your life can create and improve your life quality, competitive position, advantage and success in living and in your career. 50
Content demonstrated original thought and exhibited appropriate judgments, conclusions and assessment based on evaluation and synthesis of information. 10
The content used good composition, grammar, punctuation, capitalization and spelling. 5
Total Points 70