– Complete a substantive, comprehensive, and detailed reflection for the article attached “Gender
differences in condom use prediction with Theory of Reasoned Action and Planned Behaviour The role of
self-efficacy and control.”
– The reflection should demonstrate your detailed understanding of the readings (in your own words), and
your ability to critically evaluate them.
– The article intends to show you how the theories are applied (i.e., put into practice, in real life
settings/research). Therefore, do not focus as much on the tables, graphs, and more difficult research
concepts. Only concentrate on the general intent of the article, the theory used, its’ specific constructs, and
how they are being utilized in practice.
– The primary focus of the article reflection should be the following:
a. What is the article about?
b. How are the theory constructs applied (i.e., put into practice)?
c. How are certain constructs similar to other theoretical constructs (i.e., Health Belief Model,
d. How could the article have been strengthened by utilizing constructs from alternative theories (i.e., Health
Belief Model, Transtheoretical Model), in place of those used by the authors?
– Secondarily, you should also address the following (*note, you will be graded heavily on the depth and
details of the primary criteria, so the majority of your effort should be focused there: however, the following
criteria should also be addressed):
a. What did you find particularly interesting or helpful? b. What are your criticisms of the article?
c. Do you agree or disagree with the author and why?