The following post has two assignments namely;
1.Trajectory of Consumer spending (bea.gov) over the past year,
Examine and explain the trajectory of Consumer spending (bea.gov) over the past year, Feb. 2017-Feb. 2018, using supportive data on personal income (bea.gov), consumer confidence (conference-board.org), and consumer debt (federalreserve.gov).
Then examine and explain the trajectory of Investment spending over the past year, Feb. 2017-Feb. 2018, using supportive data on new orders for durable goods (census.gov), single family housing starts ((1) unit) (census.gov), and change in inventories (census.gov).
Did Consumer spending lead Investment spending as we discussed in class?
2.Publicly traded OR a private corporation which has business operations in the U.S
select a publicly traded OR a private corporation which has business operations in the U.S (referred to as your “target company”). Based on the financial and non-financial information from and about your target firm, you will study its industry and identify the unique factors in this industry that may influence your target company’s performance.
1. Provide a brief history of the company (DO NOT cut and paste data from company site).
2. Why this particular company becomes your target firm (i.e. Position in the market, achievement and challenge it is facing).
3. Indicate the industry the firm is in. Provide some environmental context data and explain some major trends and events in the target’s primary industry or industries.
4. Main businesses (products or services) or business categories (for diversified companies) and their market (local, national or global)
5. Highlight any general information that will be particularly interesting, informative, and/or decision useful to the reader.
6. 1. Does the introduction appear long enough? Is it too general, too specific? 2. Does it provide an adequate outline of the order in which the material and analysis will be presented in the following sections? 3. Does the introduction effectively capture interest and attention? Why is this particular firm selected for study?