Travel Writing WT1
Your task is to write an 800-1000 word piece of travel writing. You may write about a place you have visited or a place you have lived. The goal is to employ the elements of effective travel writing, as well as other creative non-fiction features you have studied during Part One: Language in Cultural Context, in order to engage and sustain the reader’s interest.
Effective Travel Writing:
• centers on a key event. ?
• uses background information that builds up to this event. ?
• may incorporate research to enhance the background information— even if the writer didn’t know the information things at the time of the trip. ?
• clearly describes the location using imagery, figurative language, and evocative description to evoke the experience of the place for the reader.
• uses dialogue where possible to help the story “happen” for the reader. ?
• mixes reflections on the experience with the retelling to help the reader see the importance of the experience. ?
The rationale is not included in the word count (800–1,000 words) for the written task and should be 200– 300 words in length.
In the rationale you must explain:
• how the content of the task is linked to a particular part of the course (Part One: Language in Cultural Context)
• how the task is intended to explore particular aspects of the course (the link between travel and culture)
• the nature of the task chosen (text type conventions)
• information about audience, purpose and the varying contexts in which the task is set. ?
The rationale should not only include knowledge about the text or topic studied, but also about the formal conventions of the text type produced and how they relate to the aims of the task.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT 🙂