1. Give the pros and cons for local police forces enforcing immigration laws.
2. Describe disparity, and explain how it is not the same as discrimination.
3. Explain the facts and the Supreme Court’s opinion in Plessy v. Ferguson
4. Discuss two cases where the Fourteenth Amendment protected not just state citizens but non-residents and aliens.
5. Briefly describe the facts and holding of Miranda.
6. Find and give the holding of a Supreme Court case that discusses what “public use” or “taking” means under the Fifth Amendment.
answer this one with 250 words
1. When is a defendant considered in custody for purposes of Miranda? Discuss two Supreme Court cases that address this issue
2. Discuss the protection provided by the double jeopardy clause of the Fifth Amendment, and give three examples of situations where a defendant can be tried for a crime more than once without violating double jeopardy.