Violence is ongoing.
Primary sources: Those that generate your topic or subject are listed below and that we have analyzed
this semester. The more primary sources you use the better. A minimum of 2 long sources (by Hwang,
Jackson and/or Singer) and a total of 5 must be used.
1. Cisneros, Sandra. “Barbie-Q.”
2. Grimm, Jakob and Wilhelm. “Godfather Death”
3. Hwang, David H. The Sound of a Voice
4. Jackson, Shirley. “The Lottery.”
5. Randall, Dudley. “Ballad of Birmingham”
6. Scottish Ballad. “Bonny Barbara Allan.”
7. Simon, Paul. “Richard Cory.”
8. Singer, Isaac Bashevis. “Gimpel the Fool.”
9. TED Talk — Maz Jobrani
Secondary sources: Those that give you ideas how to interpret the primary texts include the critical
perspectives we covered like Existentialism and Determinism, articles on your primary sources from the
library and/or Internet sources. You should use a minimum of 2 that come from 2 different authors of 2
different data bases.
? 12 size font in black with double spacing
? No plastic or paper cover is necessary
? Put your name and class in single space at the left top corner of the paper’s 1st page
? Works-cited page should be a separate page at the end of the paper
? Make sure you staple the pages together with a grading sheet before coming to class and turn it in.
? No less than 750 word. Use your thesis to determine how fully you must develop each paragraph in
the paper in order to convince the audience. Inappropriate repetition and wordiness will not earn
you points, though.