Create a vision board. A vision board is a collage of
images, pictures and affirmations of one’s dreams, desires, and goals designed to serve as a source of
inspiration and motivation. A vision board uses the law of attraction to attain your goals.
Complete the following steps to create your vision board:
- Write down your goals and priorities for the next 4 years.
- Create a large poster for your vision board, and divide it into nine sections.
- Label each section as follows: Prosperity, Aspiration, Time Management, Family, Motivators, Goals,
Skills/Knowledge, Career/Life Path, Helpful People. Each of these sections represent a factor related
to your ability to achieve your vision.
- Write your goals and ideas onto the poster in their associated sections. For example, a possible goal
that would land in the Career/Life Path section could be, Land My Dream Job. For each goal, think
about and write down how the other sections of the vision board are related to your path to reaching
that goal. Consider why you are motivated to achieve the goal, what skills and knowledge you will
need to achieve the goal, how much time you will need to reach the goal, and who might be able to
help you achieve the goal.
- Find words and images that represent your goals in magazines, online, or in newspapers.
- Print or cut out your words and images, and sort them based on which section of your vision board
- Edit and place your words and images on your vision board.
- Add any of your own words or drawings that you think add value to each section that you did not find
in Step 4.
- Display your vision board in a place where you can see it each day.
Take a picture of your completed vision board to submit with this worksheet.
Respond to each of the following questions:
- Write 75 to 90 words describing three or four words or pictures you included on your vision board.
Why did you select each of these items?
- Write 75 to 90 words about the steps you can now take to achieve the goals on your vision board. List
the intrinsic and extrinsic factors motivating you to achieve what is represented on your vison board.
Remember intrinsic motivation is motivation that comes from inside, while extrinsic motivation is
motivation that comes from the outside.
- Write 50 to 75 words about what motivates you in your academic life. Are these motivators different
from what motivates you in your personal li