1. Summarize the concept of ″human resilience″ as represented in this week′s additional reading in ″Resources″ (Rozdilsky, 1999).
2. Describe land use planning and how it is effective in reducing the volcanic hazards to the population of Montserrat.
3. Discuss earthquakes in terms of the hazards they represent and illuminate the associated secondary hazards. How are earthquakes specifically measured?
4. Discuss the nature of volcanic hazards and how they are in many ways unique as tectonic hazards. Illuminate both the primary and secondary hazards associated with volcanos.
5. Is it possible for communities to adapt to the threat of volcanos? What special challenges might relate to preparedness as it extends from volcanic forecasting and warning?