What does Glaspell imply about differences between men and women in Trifles?
Support your inference with details of the text. (The source most be from the book) Name of the book: Literature: A World of Writing: Stories, Poems, Plays, Essays, ISBN:9780205886234
Persuasive essay assignment
Dr. Marta Moore
In persuasive writing, a writer takes a position for or against an issue and writes to convince the reader to believe or do something.
Persuasive writing is often used in advertisements to get the reader to buy a product. It is also used in essays and other types of writing to get the reader to accept a point of view. In order to convince the reader you need more than opinion; you need facts or examples to back up your opinion.
Persuasive essay outline:
The introduction has a hook or a grabber to catch the reader’s attention. Some grabbers include:
• Opening with an unusual detail
• Opening with a strong statement
• Opening with an anecdote
• Opening with a statistic or fact
• Opening with a question
• Opening with an exaggeration or outrageous statement
• The introduction should also include the thesis statement
• Three objectives of a thesis statement:
1. It tells the reader the specific topic of your essay
2. It imposes manageable limits on that topic
3. It suggests the organization of your essay
The writer then provides evidence to support the opinion offered in the thesis statement in the introduction. Since almost all issues have sound arguments on both sides of the question, a good persuasive writer tries to anticipate opposing viewpoints and provide counter-arguments along with the main points in the essay.
A piece of persuasive writing usually ends by summarizing the most important details of the argument and stating once again what the reader is to believe or do.