Week 7 Discussion
answer each question individually in detail. Please utilize the reference materials provided! Chapter 19-21 of Swanson, R. A., & Holton, E. F. III (2009). Foundations
of Human Resource Development (2nd ed.). San Francisco: Berrett-Koehler.
1. What is the role of e-learning in HRD especially in terms of OD and Performance Improvement?
2. What are your thoughts on how globalization affects certification and accreditation?
3. What is the role of HRD in a virtual organization?
4. What does the future of HRD look like to you?
5. It is said one of the biggest mistakes a company can make when attempting the global market is not hiring locally when making the move. What are some ideas you
think would help build a culture that demonstrates togetherness with locals joining the organization and members already within the organization either training them
or expatriates? If not your own idea, do you know of an organization who has done well providing this and what did they do?
6. Technology is always advancing, so I would like to hear about any new technology you have read about and think would be useful for recruiting or performance
management, or changes you’d like to make in your own organization’s technology for these purposes.
For instance, there is Switch, which is an app used for recruiting that is similar to Tinder, and it helps candidates find jobs. There is also FirstJob, a chatbot that
eliminates 75% of questions during recruitment process.
7. What is/are the most daunting strategic planning options you think you would face attempting to go global? Is there an area you’d most like to personally help
Chapter 19-21 of Swanson, R. A., & Holton, E. F. III (2009). Foundations of Human Resource Development (2nd ed.). San Francisco: Berrett-Koehler.
Johnson, K. (2016, July 11). “Recruitment chatbot Mya automates 75% of hiring process,” Venture Beat. Retrieved from https://venturebeat.com/2016/07/11/recruitment-
Switch. (n.d.) Build a great team with Switch. Retrieved from www.switchapp.com/