Youth Work / Respond to Client Language, Literacy and Numeracy needs.
Unit of work – CHCLLN001 Respond to Client Language, Literacy and Numeracy needs. https://training.gov.au/Training/Details/CHCLLN001
Write a best practice manual (1,500–2,500 words) that could be distributed to workers in the field of Language, Literacy and Numeracy. Best practice is a technique or
methodology or series of techniques and methods that, through experience and research, has proven to reliably lead to a desired result. A commitment to using the best
practices in any field is a commitment to using all the knowledge and technology at one’s disposal to ensure success.
The manual should make close reference to the topics contained in this unit of work. It should cover service provision for clients with LLN from the identification of
needs to the strategies used to meet those needs and the monitoring and, if necessary, the revision of those strategies.
When creating your best practice manual:
• a definition of what literacy and numeracy is, is required
• you can decide how to set the manual out
• you may present information in point form; however, your treatment of each topic needs to be thorough
• your manual needs to demonstrate an understanding of the course content, theories and application
• the information needs to be communicated clearly
• the manual must be set out in a logical order
You will be assessed on the content of your manual and your ability to communicate information clearly to the target reader (that is, workers in the LLN area).
While you can reference the information provided in this unit, you will also need to demonstrate that you have undertaken your own research. Remember to properly cite
and reference any material from other authors.