select one of the questions as the topic of your assignment.
1. What benefits are companies hoping to gain by internationalising their operations? Discuss using examples.
2. ‘A company’s approach to corporate governance will be a reflection of the needs of its key stakeholders.’ Discuss how a company’s approach to corporate governance could be advantageous or disadvantageous to specific stakeholder groups. Use specific ‘real-world’ examples.
3. Under what circumstances could agency costs occur in a company? What actions can the Board of Directors take to reduce the likelihood of their occurrence? Discuss using appropriate examples
4. “Political models reflect the view that organisations are made up of groups with separate interests, goals and values and that these affect how corporates respond to change.”
Critically discuss this statement, using relevant analytical frameworks and real-world examples.
5. ‘Corporate social responsibility is concerned with the ways in which an organisation exceeds its minimum obligations to stakeholders, specified through regulation.’
Discuss this definition using established frameworks and a case study of your choice.
owning a restaurant in Kuwait, that has a complete business model with a famous name
Imagine that you own a restaurant in Kuwait, that has a complete business model with a famous name and a very good quality of food with a fabulous seating atmosphere. A guy from Oman called Saeed visits the restaurant, and likes the taste of food and atmosphere, Saeed asks the business owner if he would allow him to use the restaurant name and open the same restaurant in Oman as a franchise of the business. Saeed asks you ( the kuwaiti business owner) to write a franchise contract.
What term that you would like to write in the franchise agreement to control the franchisee:
1. from a legal perspective, how could you protect your company, trade mark, trade name, intellectual property and other assets.
2. Mention not less than 6 terms of the contract and explain why you add these terms
3. What are the laws that you can rely on in order to protect your company? ( Omani laws- Kuwaiti laws)
The Importance of Audits
Select each of the following topic questions, and discuss separately.
• Option 1: Define the term “program audit.” In your view, why is this an important
term in public administration?
• Option 2: What is the mission of the federal Government Accountability Office? Add
an example of its role