BUS 401-International Business-India M4S-MARKET SELECTION AND FOREIGN ENTRY MODE
MARKET SELECTION AND FOREIGN ENTRY MODE
assignment, pretend that an American corporation hired you to write a report on whether or not they should enter India. You have already done a lot of research on
many of the cultural, financial, legal, and political aspects of doing business in your country, which you can use as part of your overall recommendation. However, you
also need to consider other factors, such as the potential size of the market that India has to offer. If India has very few consumers, then it will not be a wise
decision to enter the country no matter how strong the legal or political system.
One resource to use for your report is Michigan State University’s Market Potential Index (https://globaledge.msu.edu/mpi/2014). This index focuses mostly on various
aspects of the size or growth of the consumer market in each country, which should provide some valuable information in making your recommendation. But don’t rely just
on this index. Do some additional research on factors that you think makes India an attractive or unattractive market for an American company and use some of de
Kluyver’s (2012) guidelines on country selection as part of your paper.
Please write a two 2-page paper with the following information:
1. What are the positive aspects of India that would make it an attractive market for an American corporation? Consider all of the main factors that you researched
regarding India in the previous assignments plus additional research on market potential.
2. What are the negative aspects of India that would make it an unattractive market for an American corporation? Consider all of the main factors that you researched
regarding India in previous assignments plus additional research on market potential.
3. Overall, what is your recommendation for the American company that hired you to write this report? Do the positives outweigh the negatives? Or vice versa? Explain
SLP Assignment Expectations
• Answer the assignment questions directly.
• Stay focused on the precise assignment questions. Don’t go off on tangents or devote a lot of space to summarizing general background materials.
• Make sure to use reliable and credible sources as your references. Articles published in established newspapers or business journals/magazines are preferred. If you
find articles on the internet, make sure they are from credible sources.