Research memo Assessment Item
Research memo model answer
1. Identify on the material in this file the causes of action Rita appears to have against the following parties:
c. Flatfoot Investments Pty Ltd
d. Maureen Flatfoot
e. John Stobb
2. Advise which causes of action against which parties Rita should pursue in court proceedings and explain the reasons.
3. Provide an argument based on the UCPR on whether it would be permissible for the parties and causes of action identified in question 2 to be joined in a single proceeding
4. Advise which jurisdiction and which court the proceedings should be commenced in.
5. Advise how to serve the following potential defendants:
b. Flatfoot Investments Pty Ltd
6. Can John Stobb be served by leaving originating process with someone who looks like they are in charge at his place of business?
50 Marks in Total